Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just an Update

It's so hard to believe that the girls will be 14 months old this coming Sunday. They are growing like little weeds and are learning new things every single day. It amazes Michael and I how quickly they are picking things up. I know that every parent thinks that their child is a genius and we are no different. :) But, I'm convinced that we have two geniuses on our hands. :) Abby is running all over the place now. She has no problem just pushing people out of her way. She is also our little mountain climber. She will climb on anything... anywhere. I walked into the living room this morning and she was standing on her Little Mermaid push car yelling at her sister. She has started climbing our bookshelves. She likes to lay in the second shelf up on our tall bookshelf. I couldn't believe it when I turned around the other day and she was just laying there looking at me at about thigh-high (on me) on the bookshelf. She loves play chase with her Daddy and sister. Today, she picked up one of her stuffed dogs and started chasing Rory around the living room growling at her. She's too funny!! Rory talks ALL THE TIME. I mean, that child wakes up talking and doesn't stop until she falls asleep at night. She picks up words so fast that it is scary sometimes. She loves clothes... especially shoes. She loves to say "oh, pitty (pretty) mama" whenever she has on a new dress or shoes. When she wants to put on her shoes, she will get them out of her closet and follow me around saying "soooes (shoes), mama.... sooes." She also has started twirling around whenever she wants to show off her clothes. She will pull up the corner of her dress/pants/shorts/diaper and twirl around saying "pitty... pitty... pitty." She also likes to try and take care of Abby. I walked in the room the other day and Abby was laying on the floor and Rory was trying to take off her sister's diaper to change it. She will feed Abby animal crackers (which doesn't always go so well). I think that she is going to be our little "mother." There are so many things that they do every day that it is hard to put it all down.

Michael and I are doing well. We have decided to buy a new house because our house seems to be getting smaller and smaller as the girls accumulate more things. We have put our house on the market and have already found another house. We are just praying that we can sell our house before too much longer. It's stressful, but we know that it will all be worth it when we get moved into our new house.

I'm still staying home with the girls full-time and I still love it more than I can express!! It is so much fun being with the girls from the time that they wake up until they go to sleep. I love playing different things with them and watching them learn!! We have special times where the three of us will read books and sing together. I couldn't ask for a better job!! I have recently joined the Amarillo Area Mothers of Multiples group. It's an awesome group made up of women who have multiples from 2 months to 25 years. It's great to get a chance to socialize and get tips from other mothers of multiples. Not to mention, Michael and I want to find other sets of twins that the girls can get to know. We think that it's important that they have at least some friends who can relate with them being twins.

Michael is doing wonderful. He is still teaching Latin. He is probably going to take his certification test this spring to be able to teach History at the middle school level as well. His principal would like to have him teach a few history classes along with a few Latin classes. Since his Master's degree is in History, I think that he will really enjoy teaching these classes. Right now he's happy at the middle school level, so I think that he's planning to stay there for a while. I'm so proud of everything that he does. He is such a great husband and awesome daddy. The girls adore him so much (as do I)!! We couldn't ask for a better husband/daddy!!

Well, that's pretty much what's going on in our house right now. Michael and I are running to keep up with two toddlers on a daily basis (some days we succeed in this endeavor more than others). We look forward to the joys and challenges that every day brings!!

No comments: