Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Wonderful Family

Blue M&M kisses
Daddy gave Rory a blue M&M this afternoon and this was the result

Rory trying her very first snow cone... YUMMY!!


Abby trying her very first cherry snow cone!!!

"I think I'll have some more of that!!" ~Rory

There's a reason Mommy and Daddy left them in only their diapers

Rory playing ball

Abby's new "evil" stare. She cracks me up!!

This past Sunday was my second Mother's Day! What a special day we had!! We decided to keep the girls home from church because Abby had a nasty stomach virus last week and we didn't want her exposed to anything else while her immune system was still on the mend. I don't know if Daddy had a chat with the girls the night before or what, but they decided to sleep until 10:00 Sunday morning. That has never happend in their entire little lives!! Needless to say, Mommy slept in as well. Michael and the girls gave me precious cards (that the girls colored in themselves) and then surprised me with flowers for my garden planters. I love working outside, but I haven't done a lot this year because we are trying to sell our house. I didn't want to plant a ton of new flowers and then move off and leave them. Michael and I had talked about the fact that I haven't really gotten a chance to work outside much since I got pregnant with the girls and that I really missed it. So, they surprised me with flowers and promised time alone (gasp) in my garden. It was very special to me!! We went to lunch with my parents, sister, Braxton and grandmother. Then, we spent the remainder of Mother's Day visiting the mothers and grandmothers in town. It was so good to see everyone and get a rare chance to sit a visit! The girls were so exhausted when we got home that they couldn't even sit through dinner. Poor angels!! They slept well Sunday night!

Today, Michael and I decided to be brave and let the girls have their very first snow cone. We made a special evening out of it. The girls sang in the jeep all the way to the snow cone stand and back (our favorite one is across town). When we got home, we stripped them down to their diapers and sandals and headed to the backyard (I wasn't brave enough to let them have a cherry snow cone on my white carpet... call me crazy). I think they really enjoyed it once they got used to the sweet and the cold. We were wise to leave them only in their diapers, though. They had snow cone from their faces all the way to their little toes. They played and had a sticky good time outside this evening!! All in all, it was a wonderful treat for us all!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic Mother's Day! I'm so glad; you deserve it! The girls were too cute w/their snowcones. :) I remember Jonathan w/his first snowcone. He looked about like Rory did w/that blue M&M! Ah, memories! Enjoy them while they last.