Monday, July 27, 2009

What a Sweet Moment

I don't have any new pictures to share right now, but I will soon! I did want to share a very special moment that I had the awesome chance to experience with Abby yesterday. Michael, the girls and I went shopping for a little while just to get out of the house for a bit and spend some time together. We went into a clothing store where I like to buy clothes for myself. Rory was with her Daddy looking around, so Abby and I went into the dressing room so that I could try on some outfits that I found. In the dressing room, there was a three-way mirror across one full wall. Abby was twirling and playing while I tried on the clothes. Then, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She walked to the mirror and pointed at the pretty little girl in the reflection saying "sisser (sister), Momma, sisser." I got down beside her and said, "No, Abby. That's Abby. Aren't you a pretty little girl?" She looked a little confused and said "No, sisser Momma." Again, I explained that it was Abby in the mirror and not Rory. She studied her reflection and it was like a light came on in her mind. She looked at me and then back at the mirror and said "It's Abby, Momma!! Abby pitty (pretty)!!" All I could do was hug my precious angel and tell her that she was right. Abby is so pretty!! It was such a special moment for me to get a chance to share with her. I love sharing special one-on-one moments with each of the girls!! Today, every time that she has seen her reflection in the mirror, she has said "It's Abby!!" She's so excited to know that it's herself in the mirror that she can see!!

3 comments:

Wess and Kristal said...

That is so sweet! It makes me cry! They are both so beautiful!

Hannalife said...

Thank you!! I tear up every time I think about it. All I could do was blubber like a big baby and hug Abby. Both of the girls are such a joy!! It's so neat to watch them discover new things each day and be able to actually tell us about them. I just love being a mother!!

Anonymous said...

That was so cute! I am still crying. Thanks for sharing! Love Ya, Aunt "B"