Monday, November 16, 2009

Rory's First Haircut and Random pictures

Rory ready for her haircut
Here we go....

Rory sat so still and turned her head when the stylist asked. She did so well!!


Rory showing off her certificate and her new haircut!!



Daddy and Rory with their new haircuts

Rory's new hairstyle

Rory's hair looks so cute!!

Rory's certificate for her first haircut

Braxton ready to rock!!
Uncle Mike and Braxton rockin' on Guitar Hero

Braxton wants to be just like Uncle

Abby in her hot pink sunglasses

Too Cool...
(Don't they look so much alike in this picture?)
Cool Rory

Toby cuddling with Shannie

Lazy puppy.. LOL

"It wasn't me!!" ~Braxton

Yummy!!!

That was some good cookie

Opening presents



She looks really mischevious

I think Braxton enjoyed the cookie

Cheese!!

Such a good picture of mom

My wonderful husband

Rory and Abby waiting for birthday sweets

Me with my Birthday Cookie

My Birthday Cookie


Rory loves on Toby any chance she can get

Braxton loves Toby. He really needs a puppy of his own.

Toby loves his belly rubbed... LOL

As always, this last week has been a busy one in the Hanna household. This last Saturday (Nov. 14) I celebrated my 27th birthday. My family and friends made it a very special day for me. I had a meeting that morning for Jazzercise. After the meeting, though, one of my very best friends, Jennifer Merriss, and I went shopping. We had a really great time!! We even found an awesome sale on kids' clothes and might have splurged just a little. :) That evening, my family took me out to eat and then had a small party (just our family). My wonderful husband bought me a birthday cookie (that he helped design himself) and we had an awesome time with family. The girls even tried to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Both told me "Happy Day Mommy" several times!! Who could ask for a better present?!?
Today was a busy day. Rory and I were vaccinated for the H1N1 virus. That was interesting. We took Abby last Friday to be vaccinated. Michael and I debated for a while, but ultimately decided that vaccinating was the best option. So, when the vaccine finally became available, we jumped at the opportunity. After our trip to the doctor, Rory and I met Daddy at a local salon to get her very first haircut. I was a little nervous about how it would go because Rory is never still. She shocked me, though. Daddy got his haircut first and she watched what was going on with him. The women at the salon were wonderful and explained to her what they were doing. Then, it was her turn. She sat up on the little booster seat in the salon chair and waited for the woman to begin cutting her hair. She didn't move the whole time that we were discussing how much to cut off and what I wanted. She sat extremely still through the haircut, pictures and tears (from Mommy). The stylist was so impressed!! She said that she had never had a kid of any age sit so still for a haircut before. Because she did so well, the salon presented Rory with her very own certificate for "bravely completing" her first haircut!! She was so proud of her certificate that she had to show it to everyone!! Rory did so well. Michael and I are very proud of her!! And, her hair looks so adorable!!! We are planning to take Abby to get her first haircut as soon as it gets long enough. I am glad that we have the opportunity to take them separately for their first haircut. I think it was so special for Rory to go by herself and get all the praise for being such a big girl! I hope it will be a special experience for Abby as well.

1 comment:

Jacob Waggoner said...

I love looking at your blog. It is so exiting how we have all became parents. It doesn't seem like that long ago we were chasing each other around at Granny and poppie's house.

I am very glad life is treating you so good. It's amazing how much God blesses us and sometimes we don't even realize it.

We need to get these kids together sometime and let them play. Tell your mom and dad we said hi and we love all of you.
Jacob