Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcome 2010

Abby is such a pretty little princess!!
Twins in a Tub :)

Abby's ready for some Cowboys football!!


Rory's so sleepy after playing with Johnathan and Jacob Merriss all evening

"Mom... For real?" ~Abby

Abby's a big girl and can go down the slide all by herself!!

Rory loves to climb high on the playstructure at church

Abby playing peek-a-boo on the slide

Rory and Abby coloring like big girls at Jazzercise

"Look at my picture" ~Abby

Rory loves to color two-handed. She covers more area that way. :)

Ridem' Abby :)

2009 was definitely a trying year for our family. We had several trips to several different doctors with Abby to try to figure out her medical difficulties. Finally, after doctor trips, hospital stays and countless tests, we were able to get some answers in December. Now, thanks to the medicine that she is taking, things are looking up for 2010.

The girls are growing by leaps and bounds. It's so hard for me to believe that they will be 2 yrs. old next week. It doesn't seem possible. Both girls are growing from babies to little people with their own thoughts and opinions (that they have no problem sharing with anyone around them). It amazes me the new things they come up with every day. We recently subscribed to instant Netflix for our TV so that we could have instant access to movies and cartoons that are appropriate for the whole family to watch (Michael and I feel that many of the cartoons on television today are not appropriate for children of any age). The girls have developed a love for old Looney Tunes cartoons. The other day, Rory came in to tell me that she wanted "Rabbit Bug." I had no idea what she wanted. It took me a while to realize that she wanted Bugs Bunny cartoons. It was too cute!! Abby has started "pouting" when she wants something. We're not sure exactly where she got it, but it's hard to resist when she sticks her bottom lip out. People always say "oh that's so cute!" I told Abby the other day that pouting wasn't going to work on me. She looked at me, shocked, and said "I cute." I couldn't keep a straight face. Needless to say, she got her way. LOL. We are starting the whole potty training process over again. With all the medical issues with Abby, we had to put the process on hold. The girls are doing well and want to be successful. We still have accidents, but they will get there eventually. We are proud of the progress they have made so far. Another feat that both girls have mastered is climbing. Rory has successfully climbed out of her crib and has now taken to standing on the top rail of her crib and balancing on top. She even laid down to span between the two cribs (on the top rails) so that she could give Abby a kiss. She scares me so bad. She has no fear at all. Abby, following her sister's example, has started trying to climb out of her crib, as well. So, for the girls' 2nd birthday, they are getting "big girl" beds from Mommy and Daddy. I can't believe that they are already ready to sleep in their own big beds, but they are. We decided to skip the whole toddler bed and just get big beds for them. We ordered them in and are awaiting their arrival. We hope they get here before the girls' birthday next week. We are planning to have a big Dora the Explorer birthday party for the girls. We gave them several choices for party themes and both immediately gravitated toward the Dora theme. We are looking forward the sharing such a special day with our friends and family!!

Michael and I are doing well. Michael is still teaching at the same school. This is his sixth year there. I am still staying at home with the girls. I'm also still doing Jazzercise twice a week (when something doesn't prevent me going twice). It still makes me feel so good. I've lost 23 lbs. since last September when I first started going to Jazzercise. I hope that I can continue to lose the weight and keep it off.

We are looking forward to the excitement that 2010 will bring. We never know what new adventures our beautiful girls will lead us on, but we know it will be interesting, unexpected and exciting!! We appreciate all the love and support everyone has shown us over the last few months. We wouldn't have been able to make it without your thoughts and prayers!!

No comments: