Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008.. What a Year!!


So, I didn't get a letter written this year to send out in Christmas cards like I have tried to do in years past. We've been a bit busy... go figure.

2008 has been an amazing and tough year for our family. As you all know by now (I'm sure), we welcomed two miracles into our family on Feb. 5, 2008. Our twin daughters, Aurora Lynn Hanna and Abigail Lee Hanna, made their appearance ready to change the world forever! Their birth was the greatest miracle that Michael and I have ever witnessed in our lives! And, who knew that two tiny babies (barely big enough to fill our hands) could so completely control our lives and hearts. If you haven't heard the story that goes with the birth of our angels, be sure to ask someday. It's a touching story that brings me to tears each time I think of it. The girls, like I mentioned before, have changed our life so completely that Michael and I cannot imagine what our life was like before diapers, bottles, tripping over toys, and precious hugs and kisses. Our children have taken two people in a marriage and transformed us all into a family. There is a sense of completeness now. We have laughed and cried together as we have watched our children grow and learn each day. We have held our children while they were sick and prayed that God would grant healing. We have rocked our girls to sleep and known a piece of Heaven. Michael and I have, through much trial and error, been thrust into parenthood and found our way. We have family and friends who have supported us, laughed with us, cried with us, sat up long nights with us and just loved us. We are so blessed! Daily we have new stories of happenings in our home; like the day that Aurora discovered that Abigail's belly-button is different from her own. She pinned her sister to the floor to investigate the difference (Abby has an outtie and Rory has an innie). Poor Abby spent the next few days lifting her shirt to check and make sure her belly-button was still attached. We have rejoiced at all of the firsts for our girls. Their first smile. The first time they rolled over. The first time they sat alone. The first time they crawled. Their first words. Their first steps. It is so amazing to watch them grow each day into amazing little children! Each day is a new adventure that Michael and I are excited to share with our two precious daughters! We look forward to all the excitement that 2009 promises to bring!

Although by far the most interesting happening in the Hanna household in 2008 was the birth our our daughters, Michael and I are still thankful for all the many other blessings that have been given to us this past year. Michael is still teaching Latin... and loves his job. At the beginning of this school year, he was asked to become a mentor teacher for his campus. What an honor!!! His superiors voted that he is an excellent teacher and that incoming teachers should be placed under his supervision during their first year. Of course, this new position means more meetings, paperwork and overall a greater workload, but Michael has taken his new tasks in stride and has been completely successful (as I knew he would). This year is Michael's 5th year teaching. He will receive his 5 year pin at the end of the year. Time does fly when you are having fun!

I have been blessed to have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. It has been such an amazing experience for me. I love, love, love having the opportunity to be with the girls all day and watch them grow and mature. I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom like my mother because I know the special bond that my mother has with my sister and I as a result. I plan to return to work as a teacher after the girls start school, but now is the time for being a mom. In April, I found out that I had developed a blood clot in my right leg as a result of my c-section. Thankfully, my doctor was able to detect it early enough that it was treatable and there were no major complications. As of October, I was cleared completely of any further blood clots and it was confirmed that the original blood clot has been successfully dissolved! What an answer to prayer!!! Overall, I couldn't be more fulfilled doing anything than what I am doing now!

There is so much more that I could share about our year. We have so many stories and memories from this year. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped us and prayed for us throughout 2008. You will never know what a blessing you are to our family. We look forward to sharing 2009 with everyone! May God bless you and your family this coming year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

~ The Hanna Family~




No comments: